We have combined the best features of our successful, paper-based, fundraising program with an online platform that saves schools time and effort.
You get the benefits of both:
– convenient online payments by donors and progress reports for you
– take-home materials and a self-mailer for those donors who prefer to write checks
Complete the contact form on the home page. Tell us about your school, your financial goal, and your priorities. We will share our experience and perspective, answer your questions, and send you some sample materials we use in the program, as well as our simple contract so you will know what to expect from us and what is required of your school.. Don’t worry, we won’t hard sell you.
If you want, we can present and discuss our proven approach with your school administration and/or steering group by videoconference or phone.
If you decide to retain Race for Education, we will ask you to provide us with a list of your students, which we will use to create unique and confidential digital identifiers for donations. The list is secure with us; we will not use it for any other purpose but your Race for Education.
We then …
- create a timeline to organize your Race for Education
- hold a one-hour Work Session with your Race Committee
- customize our Race for Education materials for your school, which can include a Spanish version if you need it
- set up your school on our online platform for secure, electronic donations by credit card
- send self-mailers that parents/students can hand out or mail to potential donors who might prefer to contribute by check
- produce a Race for Education website for your event
- create a link (URL) to each student’s fundraising page, which parents can share by email and social media with relatives, neighbors, and others
- give you access to a secure, online page where you can monitor donations by student and by class, and enter checks you receive
- support you throughout the planning and launch, and give you tips to make your Race a successful day
Your donors will …
- receive a website link from your school to the donation section or a link from a school parent or student to the student’s individual contribution page
- click on a “Donate Now” button, which will open a window where a secure electronic payment can be made (we pick up the transaction fee)
- use a self-mailer to provide information and enclose a check, if they prefer that option
You track progress through your private page on our server to view contributions by students and grades. You can then decide where you need to encourage students and school families to expand the number of donors.
Most important, you get to enjoy your Race for Education day with the children, teachers, parents, and friends, knowing that your event raised significant funds for a range of educational activities.